Living the High-life

A blog looking at high-rise flats and housing estates in the city of Edinburgh.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Craigmillar tower blocks

Also, after visiting Niddrie, me and Robbie went down the road to Craigmillar. We visited Craigmillar Court, which is one of two tower blocks in the scheme and is a sister-block to Peffermill Court.

When we went in I expected the block to be fairly dirty but I was wrong. The foyer was spotless, and the lifts, stairs and landings were all well kept too. The only problem I could see was poor lighting in some areas. Personally I don't know what the lifestyle of these blocks is like but I can imagine that it must now be better and safer to what it must have been like years ago.

Anyway, here are the pics:

The blocks
The foyer

The lifts (plus Robbie)



The landings (floors 9, 13 & 14)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home